GCR Online Acceptable Use Policy
If you have any questions that fall outside of the subjects covered, please
feel free to contact our staff at your convenience for further clarification.
IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, DISCONTINUE
THE USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY AND CONTACT GCR ONLINE TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS
TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.
Users of GCR Online agree to abide by this acceptable use policy by
continued use of the system and by their subscription to the system.
Acceptable Use Policy
is not responsible for:
or break into either another personal computer that is connected to GCR
Online or any other computer that is connected to the internet through
any other service. Any discovery of this by GCR Online will result in
immediate cancellation of service to that.
any legal issues that arise from you, the user, attempting to collect
personal data from someone online, either through e-mail, web pages, chat
rooms, or any other such chat programs such as AOLís Instant
Messenger or ICQ.
any legal issues that arise from fraudulent activity, such as selling
items or services on-line, or the use of "pyramid schemes" for
financial gain, etc.
- any long distance or toll charges that appear on your telephone bill
from dialing up to GCR Online for internet access or otherwise.
- any changes that are made to your computer while you have internet
service with GCR Online. This includes any software that is
downloaded from the internet and installed that causes problems with your
PC, any files that are downloaded that cause problems, or any viruses that
you receive on your computer, either through e-mail or downloading files
from the internet.
- problems with or failures of transactions that are made and/or requested
over the internet that have time restraints. Such transactions include
stock trades, bank transactions, etc.
- problems with or failures of third-party web sites that are not under
the control of GCR Online. Such web sites include Yahoo, E-Bay,
- any violations of local, state, national, or international laws that are
broken by you, the user, while using our service, either by e-mail,
posting to a website, uploading files, posting in a chat room, or any
other means of electronic transportation through GCR Online.
- any violations of copyright, restriction, or trademark infringements,
such as the use of a copyrighted pictures on your website.
- any charges or legal issues that come from pirated (illegal) software
that the user obtains from the internet through a connection to GCR
- any harm to minors. This includes threatening e-mails, calls, talks
through a chat room, or any other such chat program such as AOLís
Instant Messenger or ICQ, that in any way threaten or invade
the privacy of other users of either GCR Online or any other
- any misrepresentation of yourself to someone else that results in
charges or lawsuits for impersonation or misrepresentation of yourself to
another user either through e-mail, web pages, chat rooms, or any other
such chat programs such as AOLís Instant Messenger or ICQ.
- any unauthorized access that you, the user, does while connected to GCR
Online internet service. This includes any attempt to "
Unsolicited Emailing "SPAM"
GCR Online will investigate complaints regarding e-mail and may, in its
sole discretion, take action based on the rules below. If an e-mail message is
found to violate one of the policies below, or to contain unlawful material,
as described in other sections of this policy, GCR Online may take
action as outlined.
1 hour, for any work incurred by
our support, help-desk, system administration or legal personnel as a result
of this activity. There will be NO
exceptions, and it is our policy in such instances to employ aggressive
collection procedures, including litigation if required.
- GCR Online account-holders may not send e-mail to any user who does
not wish to receive it, either at GCR Online or elsewhere. GCR
Online recognizes that e-mail is an informal medium; however,
account-holders must refrain from sending further e-mail to a user after
receiving a request to stop.
- Unsolicited advertising mailings, whether commercial or informational, are
strictly prohibited. GCR Online account-holders may send advertising
material only to addresses, which have specifically requested it. GCR
Online will not forward mail of accounts terminated for bulk mailing or
- Chain letters are unsolicited by definition and may not be propagated
using GCR Online services.
- GCR Online account-holders may not send, propagate, or reply to
"mail-bombs". Mail-bombing is defined as either e-mailing copies of
a single message to many account-holders, or sending large or multiple files
or messages to a single user with malicious intent.
- GCR Online account-holders may not alter the headers of e-mail
messages to conceal their e-mail address or to prevent account-holders from
responding to messages.
- GCR Online Users may not use programs or services to try to hide,
mask, redirect, or in any way cause their email identity to be anonymous.
- Violations of the GCR Online policies outlined in this document can
sometimes result in massive numbers of e-mail responses. If a GCR Online
account-holder receives so much e-mail that GCR Online resources are
affected, GCR Online staff may shut down the account-holders mailbox.
- Any customer (Personal or Commercial) violating GCR Online anti-spam
policy will be billed a minimum of $100.00 per hour,
Subscription Requirements and Payment Options
It is the sole responsibility of the person(s) establishing the account
with GCR Online to determine if the dial-up number will cause you to
incur long-distance, toll, or any other charges on your phone bill. GCR
Online is in no way responsible for long-distance, toll, or other
charges on your phone bill.
day of each month. Any balance carried past
30 days is subject to 1.5% late fee per month with a minimum $2 service
charge. Accounts reaching 45 days past due will be disconnected.
Reconnections require full payment of account balance, all late fees, and a $5
minimum reconnect fee. Disconnected accounts not resolved within 30 days will be
forwarded to collections and subject to the maximum collection fee allowed by
- GCR Online is a prepaid service. All internet fees are due by the
- All returned checks are subject to a $25 return check fee and will
result in immediate disconnection.
- GCR Online has three (3) different payment options.
- Standard billing of $20 per month, $40 per two months, and $60 per
- Bank Draft, in which the money is drawn out of a checking account on the 7th
day of each month, or the first business day after. These rates are $18 per
month, $36 per two months, and $54 per quarter.
- Yearly billing. Under this option, the customer pays $192 per year.
If you are currently using GCR Online and do not agree to any one of
these terms and conditions of above, then you need to contact GCR Online
and disconnect your service immediately.
G C R O n l i n e
P.O. Box 511
South Boston, VA 24592
Phone (434) 572-1765
Toll Free (800) 239-8670
Fax (434) 572-1981
Copyright 2001, GCR Online.
All rights reserved.